Chapter 19: The Lightning Chariot
The chapter starts out with Viridi guiding Pit through the air to the Chariot Master's domain in order to acquire the Lightning Chariot from him. Hades appears at this time insisting that he wants the Lightning Chariot, simply because he believes it will attract goddesses. At first, Pit assumes he will simply hand it over, but he doesn't, so Pit must fight his way up the Chariot Master's very tall tower to speak face-to-face with him. The tower is very tall, consisting of many different levels which Pit must scale by foot, without an elevator. Once Pit finally reaches the top of the tower and meets the Chariot Master, he is given a separate chariot pulled by one of the Lightning Chariot's unicorns to race and battle the Chariot Master to win the Lightning Chariot. During the battle, the Chariot Master talks a lot about his life. Once defeated and Pit acquires the Lightning Chariot, the Chariot Master dies, as he is freed from his duty.
The intensity gate in this chapter is located during a floor of the tower where there is a maze. It is around the corner near the end, to the right of the second floor-bug monster. It requires an intensity level of at least 6.0.
- The size of this level is massive, as the game has an additional loading screen during the Land Battle, which leads to the next segment of the Land Battle stage.
- On one of the levels there is an area where there are rolling barrels that have to be jumped over. Hades mentions that the Chariot Master must have played Donkey Kong.
- This chapter features the last appearance of the Eggplant Wizard.
- This is the second chapter to feature all three vehicles, the other being Chapter 9.
- This is the only chapter in the game in which Palutena does not appear. Though, she is mentioned a few times in Pit's mission to obtain the Lightning Chariot and use it to break through the temple's force field.
- This chapter most often produces these weapons: Great Reaper Palm, Ancient Staff, Ninja Palm, Centurion Orbitars, Babel Club, and Palutena Bow.
|Chapters in Kid Icarus: Uprising.|
|Medusa Arc||1. The Return of Palutena • 2. Magnus and the Dark Lord • 3. Heads of the Hewdraw • 4. The Reaper's Line of Sight • 5. Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit • 6. Dark Pit • 7. The Seafloor Palace • 8. The Space-Pirate Ship • 9. Medusa's Final Battle|
|Viridi Arc||10. The Wish Seed • 11. Viridi, Goddess of Nature • 12. Wrath of the Reset Bomb • 13. The Lunar Sanctum • 14. Lightning Battle|
|Aurum Arc||15. Mysterious Invaders • 16. The Aurum Hive • 17. The Aurum Brain|
|Chaos Kin Arc||18. The Ring of Chaos • 19. The Lightning Chariot • 20. Palutena's Temple • 21. The Chaos Vortex • 22. Scorched Feathers|
|Hades Arc||23. Lord of the Underworld • 24. The Three Trials • 25. The War's End|