3D Classics: Kid Icarus is a re-released version of the original Kid Icarus optimized for the Nintendo 3DS. Though the game plays identically, new features have been added. It was released at the same time as Kid Icarus: Uprising in North America, and some stores offered the game as a free download with a pre-order of Uprising.
Changes from the NES Version
- The Password feature in the US version has been removed. Game progress is now saved through internal data, just like in the NES version. The player can enter his or her name, which is what in-game characters will refer to Pit as.
- The empty backgrounds have been filled in with various scenery, though the actual sprites remain unaltered.
- Stereoscopic 3D has been implemented, providing the illusion of depth between the foreground sprites and the background.
- There are two different control modes, Classic and Custom. Custom Mode changes the parameters of Pit's abilities to provide easier control over him, whereas Classic Mode retains the control limitations of the original game. In Custom Mode:
- Pit moves with greater and more responsive speed.
- There is less momentum in Pit's moving and jumping, allowing for more accurate stopping.
- Pit can fire arrows repeatedly by holding the Fire Button.
- When falling, Pit can slow his descent by holding the Jump Button.
- Pit is able to jump while aiming his bow upwards.
- North American website of 3D Classics: Kid Icarus
- Japanese website of 3D Classics: Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami
|Games in the Kid Icarus series.|
|Main Series||Kid Icarus (3D Classics) • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters • Kid Icarus: Uprising|
|Super Smash Bros.||Super Smash Bros. Brawl • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U|
|Cancelled Games||Super Kid Icarus • Icarus|